Scheduled Monument – Monument Number 322226
Medieval moated manor house, fishpond, post Medieval redoubt, rectangular with projecting bastions at the angles and surrounded by a moat which encloses an area of 426.5 ft by 295 – 495 ft. Covering approximately 3 acres.
Named after Queen Henrietta.
Originally had a wet moat.
15th C Manor house built by Thomas Molyneux.
1640’s Civil War: Redoubt constructed.
1642-1651 During the Civil War: Royalists converted to a redoubt defended by a ditch measuring 16.4 ft wide which connected with the original moat. A gun platform was constructed in the north east corner overlooking the Newark-Hawton Road. Held by Parliament.
1645-1646 Fort on site shown on Richard Champs Map of the Siege of Newark.
17th C Rectangular dry moat.
1962 Field Investigation.
1974 Field Investigation.