Oval Iron Age promontory univallate hill fort covering 11 acres and defended by a rampart, ditch and berm with entrances to the north and south. The ramparts measuring between 4-10ft high and the V-shaped ditch 3-4ft deep.
1865-1871 Some of the ramparts destroyed.
19th C Known as Danes Camp.
1960 Excavated by D. Whitehouse.
1999 Management Agreement.
2000 Geophysical Survey.
2006 Aerial photograph.