Fortified manor house.
Seat of Sir Charles Wolseley.
12th C Home of the Wolseley family.
1469 c: Built. Licence to crenellate granted to Sir Ralph Wolseley.
17th C Country house on the site, defensive wall footings.
18th C Room.
1820 Buildings all pulled down and replaced by a new hall.
19th C Hall.
1950’s Damaged by fire.
1980’s Sir Charles Wolseley restored the gardens.
1990 Stables converted into a visitor centre run by Staffordshire Wildlife Trust.
2001-2002 Aerial photograph.
2002 Watching Brief by J. Goodwin, Potteries Museum Field Archaeology Unit.