Medieval castle defended by a ditch measuring 18ft wide.
Built by Ralph de Botillar.
Possibly building begun by the Pontulf family.
1086 Manor owned by William Pontulf.
1281 Ralph de Botillar died and the castle was unfinished.
13th C Late: Enlarged and improved.
14th C Extant.
1583 Before: Mentioned.
18th C Red brick farmhouse built on the site.
1962 Field Investigation.