Medieval Castle. Manor House.
The moat dug after the buildings were on the site.
1199-1216 Believed to have had buildings on the site during this period.
1220’s Held by William le Rous.
1275 Manor first mentioned.
1276 Owned by William de Morteyn.
1283 William de Morteyn died, and it passed to Roger de Morteyn.
1380’s Held by the Lords of Walsall.
1385-1386 Repaired and extended, including a new drawbridge and gates. Possibly lived in by Lady Neville.
1389 Lord Basset stayed at the site.
1390 Lord Basset died.
1390’s Late: Repaired.
1417 Chapel no longer used.
1576 No buildings remained on the site.
1763 Site held by Mr. Holmes, and included two houses.
1885 By; North arm of the moat filled in.
1974 Most of the remainder of the moat was still wet.
20th C Nothing visible.