Tedbury Camp

  • Mells Road, Great Elm, Somerset.


Iron Age multivallate promontory hill fort, Roman occupation, defended by two parallel banks. The inner bank measuring 4-6 ft wide and standing 10-15 ft high. There may have been a third bank.


337-340                         Dating from: Constantine Junior coins found.

377-366                         Roman occupation.

1691                              A pot of Constantine Junior coins dug up.

1837                              Excavated.

1875                              Owned by Mr. J. H. Shore.

1958                              Excavated by Ministry of Public Works and Buildings.

1964                              Field Investigation.



error: Content is protected !!