Medieval fortified manor house.
1287 Chapel of St. Nicholas was founded on the site.
13th C Manor house held by the Beauchamp family.
1304 Chapel of St. Nicholas was the Chapel of St. Nicholas College.
1333 Licence to crenellate granted to John Beauchamp.
1406 Tomb of Sir Mathew Gourney was in the Chapel of St. Nicholas.
15th C Fell into ruins.
1540-1546 Itinerary of John Leland: Ruined manor or castle.
16th C Early: Mass was held three times a week in the Chapel of St. Nicholas.
16th C Dovecote remained. Chapel of St. Nicholas was decaying.
1615 Only the gardens remained.
1889 Excavated by W. W. Walter.
1906 Excavated by R. H. Walter, manor house revealed.
1967 Field Investigation.
1973 Scheduling was unsuccessful.
1975 Field Investigation.
1976 Excavated by CRAGGS (Committee for Rescue Archaeology in Avon, Gloucestershire and Somerset).
1980 Watching Brief.
1984 Watching Brief.
20th C Part of the perimeter wall and blocked gateways remain.