Roughly oval Iron Age multivallate hill fort covering approximately 6 acres and defended by a single rampart standing 7 ft high and an external ditch and counterscarp. The east side is defended by three banks with intervening ditches and there are two original entrances on the eastern side.
11 Bronze Age bowl barrows lie at the west end of the fort and approximately 14 round barrows on the site.
1904 Investigated by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.
1981 Aerial photograph.
2004 Excavated by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.