1135-1154 During: Mentioned.
1138 Besieged. King Stephen took it from Sir William de Harptree who supported the Empress Matilda.
1138 Owned by John, 4th son of Ascelin Gouel de Perceval, brother of Lord Cary.
1140 c: Captured by Robert of Gloucester.
1205 Visited by King John.
13th C Mentioned.
1343 c: Licence to crenellate granted.
14th C Mentioned.
15th C Dungeon.
1509-1547 Between: Destroyed by Sir John Newton, the owner.
1540-1546 Itinerary of John Leland: In ruins.
1967 Field Investigation.
20th C Parts of the curtain wall remain.