Medieval Carthusian Monastery, Priory.
Sold by the Bartlett family to Mathew Colhurst.
1227 Founded by Ella, Countess of Salisbury.
1246-1249 Robert was Prior.
1255 A yearly fair was granted by Henry III to the prior.
1259 Henry III granted the monks free warren over their lands at Hinton and Norton.
1272-1275 Peter was Prior.
1275 One Knight’s fee was granted to the Prior by Henry, Earl of Lincoln, in return for prayers of the monastery.
1279 The Prior proved his right to inflict capital punishment.
1293 Edward I confirmed the fair allowed at Hinton.
1310 The monks were exempt from paying tax.
1345 Edward III confirmed the fair allowed at Hinton.
1345 The monks were exempt from paying tax.
1378 John Luscote resigned as Prior.
1391 Adam was Prior.
1403 Thomas Wyne was Prior.
1421 William Whitby was Prior.
1431 Thomas was Prior.
1442 Richard was Prior.
1449 William Marchell was Prior.
1465 William Hatherless was Prior.
1476 William Hatherless was Prior.
1477 Edmund Storan/Storer was Prior.
1478-1479 John Iver was Prior.
1482 Thomas Torburigenaci was Prior.
15th C Gateway.
1513-1521 John Taylor was Prior.
1521-1523 Henry Corsley was Prior.
1523-1529 John Batmanson was Prior.
1529-1539 Edmund Horde was Prior.
1535 The yearly value was put at £262 13s.
1540 31st March: Prior Hood was in charge of 23 monks, was dissolved under the orders of Henry VIII.
1545 Bought by the Bartlett family.
1578 Sold by Mathew Colthurst to the Hungerford family.
1578 Onwards: Lived in by Capt. Anthony Hungerford.
1594 Capt. Anthony Hungerford died and was buried in Hinton church. Lord Hungerford leased it to his daughter, Mary.
16th C Manor House.
1614 Mary died and her descendants inherited.
1684 Sir Edward Hungerford sold it.
18th C Walls and gate added.
1830 Before: Capt. Symonds pulled down the farmhouse.
1830 Capt. Symonds died.
1980’s Used in the filming of Robin of Sherwood.
1932 Sold to Major Philip C. Fletcher, MC, FSA.
1933 Major Fletcher restored the house.
1950 Chapterhouse was re-roofed.
1995 Geophysical Survey by Geophysical Surveys of Bradford.