Iron Age univallate hill fort covering approximately 5 ha, defended by a bank, ditch and counterscarp with the bank measuring 6.5 ft high, and the entrance on the east side.
Site has been quarried. Finds include Bronze Age pottery sherds.
19th C Hedge planted on part of site.
1916 Excavated by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.
1967 Field Investigation.
1970’s Quarry used for a short time for building stone.
1971 Aerial photograph.
1994 Surveyed and Measured by Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England.
1994 Field Investigation.
1997 Excavated. Excavations showed timber laced ramparts.