Roman fort covering three acres. Ditch to the east measuring 8.2 ft wide and 5.2 ft deep and was filled in after the Medieval period. Had a permanent garrison for mining operations.
Associated with silver and lead mining supervised by Legio II Augusta.
Finds on site include Bronze Age flintwork, lead pigs of Roman date, Claudio-Neronian pottery, remains of smelting furnaces and crucibles.
49 Lead was being extracted.
1st C Dating from: Samien ware finds.
2nd C Handed over to private or Government control.
17th-18th C Site leveled.
1819-1820 The site was first recorded.
1867 – 76 Site first studied.
1873 Lead pig uncovered weighing around 223 lb.
1966 Second bank discovered.
1968 Site flooded revealing Claudio-Neronian pottery sherds.
1970 Aerial photograph.
1971 Aerial photograph.
1993 Excavated by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.
1994 Excavated by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.