Oval Iron Age multivallate hill fort, Roman settlement, covering 6¼ acres and defended by two ramparts of limestone and external ditches. The northern entrance is original with inturned ends to the passage and the second rampart and ditch turn outwards. A further bank and ditch protect the outer approach.
1922 Six day trial excavation by Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society.
1939-1946 World War II: Searchlight Battery.
1962 Field Investigation.
1965 Field Investigation.
1970-1974 Excavated by Cadbury Excavation Committee.
1989-1999 Geophysical Survey by the National Trust.