Rectangular Iron Age enclosure, Roman settlement measuring 120 ft and defended by a bank and ditch with the rampart measuring 23 ft wide and standing approximately 5.5 – 8.2 ft high and the ditch measuring 24.6 ft wide and c 6.5 ft deep.
Finds include swords.
1052 c: Possibly built to defend area when Harold, Godwin’s son, invaded.
1965 Field Investigation.
1971 Aerial photograph.
1987 Field Investigation.