Medieval moated manor house, rectangular site. Farmhouse of two storeys and divided into two dwellings, the north and east arms remain wet.
Originally held by the Lascelles family.
1346 13th March: John de Gateford (1) died.
1406 John de Gateford (2) died.
1546 Held by George Lascelles Esq.
1589 c: Held by Brian Lascelles, KT.
1671 Held by Sir Francis Rhodes, who had married Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of George Lascelles.
* Leased by William, son of the Duke of Portland, from Mr. Rhodes.
17th C Alterations.
* Bought by Mr. Vasey.
1810 Henry, 2nd Duke of Portland, bought the hall.
* Henry, 2nd Duke of Portland, died and his younger brother, John, inherited.
1823 John died and his sister, then it went to Mr. Machin.
1824 Mostly rebuilt by Mr. Machin.
1974 Field Investigation.