Quadrangular Medieval moated fortified house with flanking turrets, tower and chapel.
1400 c: Built.
1640 Sold to Richard Buxton.
1659 Before: Demolished.
1712 House built.
1754 Towers added.
1762 Grounds landscaped by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown.
1835 Salvin designed the colonnades.
1860 Owned by the Earl of Kimberley.
1939-1945 World War II: Occupied by the army.
1951 Remodelled by Fletcher Watson.
1973 Field Investigation.
20th C In ruins. Walls standing 3.2ft high.
2002 Architectural Survey.