Medieval moat, gatehouse, manor.
Legend states it is haunted by the ghost of Dame Alice le Strange.
1137-1954 Owned by the le Strange family.
1377 Hamon le Strange and his wife, Margaret, had twins, Hamond and Edmund. Edmund died young.
14th C c: Original house built.
1485 Henry Le Strange died and Roger inherited.
1506 Roger died and his brother Robert inherited.
1509-1547 During: Gatehouse built for Sir Roger le Strange.
1514 Sir Thomas le Strange and wife, Anne, had the following issue, Sir Nichols le Strange, Richard, William, Roger, Thomas, William, Edmund, Elizabeth, Alice, Ann, Catherine and May.
1544 Thomas le Strange died and Nicholas inherited.
1545 Sir Nicholas le Strange and his wife, Eleanor, had Sir Hamon, Robert, Elizabeth, John and Mary.
1578 Hall range built by Sir Nicholas le Strange.
1579 Sir Nicholas and his heir Hamon died and Nicholas le Strange inherited.
1592 Nicholas died and Hamon inherited.
1616 December: Sir Roger le Strange was born at the Hall.
1618 Porch added.
1620 Partially reconstructed.
1629 Sir Nicholas le Strange, 1st Baronet, and wife, Anne, had Hamon, 2nd Baronet, Sir Nicholas 3rd Baronet, John, William, Edward, Anne, Charles and Thomas.
1654 Hamon died and Nicholas inherited.
1656 Nicholas died and Nicholas inherited.
1669 Nicholas died and Nicholas inherited
1704 Sir Roger le Strange died.
1724 Nicholas died and Henry inherited.
1760 Sir Henry le Strange died and his nephew, Henry Styleman became Lord of the Manor.
1803 Rev Armine Styleman died and Henry Styleman inherited.
1819 Henry Styleman died and Henry Styleman L’Estrange inherited.
1850’s Destroyed by fire.
1853 Hall and 18 rooms destroyed when damaged by fire.
1862 Henry Styleman-L’Estrange died and Hamon Styleman=L’Estrange inherited.
1873 Block added to the north west corner.
1883 Owned by Hamon le Strange DL JP.
1919 Capt. Roland le Strange died in World War I.
1935 Range added to the north of the house.
1947-1950 Between: The north and north east wings were gutted by fire.
1949 Sold and divided into separate dwellings.
1968 Field Investigation.