Medieval moated Augustinian Priory which included a chapter house, church, cloister, kitchen, priory, refectory, barn and fishpond.
1185 Founded by Theobald de Valoins, son of Richard de Valoins, and dedicated to St. Mary, St. Austin and All Saints.
1185-1209 Alexander was prior.
1204 King John granted the Priory a weekly market. Ralph was prior.
1209 Roger was prior. Pope Innocent III granted protection to the Priory.
1220 Roger was prior.
1232-1248 Nicholas was prior.
1248-1270 Alan was prior.
1270-1276 Hubert was prior.
1276-1288 Geoffrey was prior.
1287 Flooding rose above the alter and the Cannons fled.
1288-1293 Ranulf was prior.
1291 The Priory had possessions in 32 Norfolk parishes.
1293-1319 John was prior.
1308 John was prior.
1309 Twenty four acres of land was given to the Priory by Nicholas de Bosio.
1319 Richard de Hemesby was prior.
1327 A three day fair was granted by Henry II.
1339 Katherine of Norwich gave the Priory the income from the church of Raveningham
1349 Prior Richard died of the Plague. John Grys was prior.
1352 The Priory bought tenements in Horning and Palling.
1358 Richard de Hemesby was prior.
1364 Pope Urban V granted to Prior Richard a faculty to dispense four Cannons
1366 William de Wroxham was prior.
1370 Organs were given to the Priory by Adam de Seakilthorp, Rector of Cawston.
1380 The Priory paid a fine of £24 for leaving a lamp burning daily near the High Alter.
1381 A third of the Netherall Manor was given to the Priory by John de Eccles and Geoffrey de Somerset.
1390 Prior William Wroxham died. John de Tudyngston was prior.
1393 Thomas Haneworth was prior.
1397 The Priory paid 20 marks to Richard III for a licence to serve the Manor of Boylondeshall in North Walsham when the Vicar died.
1400 The bell tower fell down.
1401 John Jenny was prior.
1408 John de Hykeling was prior.
1424 Richard Norwich was prior.
1431 Roger Okkam was prior.
1439 Illness killed three of the brethren.
1492 Visited by Archdeacon Gold.
1514 Visited by Bishop Nicke.
1520 Visited by the Bishop Suffragan of Chalcedon and other Commissionaires.
1532 Visited by Bishop Nicke.
1535 Valued at £100 18s 7¼d.
1542 Granted to Sir William Wodehouse.
1825 The last window in the Priory was taken out.
1826 Two stone coffins uncovered at the site.
1950 Artefacts discovered at the site include iron keys, lead weight, stained glass, flooring tiles and tracery.
1955 Listed as a Grade Ii building.
1973 Field Investigation.
1978 Aerial photograph.
1986 Aerial Photograph.
1988 Field Investigation.
1996 Aerial photograph.
1998-1999 Field Investigation.
2006 Site mapped.