Medieval fortified house, Bishop’s Palace.
Includes Neolithic, prehistoric and Medieval finds.
Owned by Mr. Thomas Marsters.
1199-1216 Between: Bishop Johannes de Grey, Lord Deputy of Ireland built the original Bishops Palace.
1385 Licence to crenellate granted to Henry Bishop of Norwich.
1387 Licence to crenellate granted to Henry Bishop of Norwich.
1810 Richard Bagge was born.
1838 Sir Thomas Edward Bagge, JP DL was born at the Hall.
1843 Mr. Thomas Marsters died.
1851 House built on the site of the old palace.
1861 Mary Jickling was a servant at the Hall
1883 Owned by R. Bagge, Esq. and Capt. Richard Salisbury Bagge, JP.
1908 Sir Thomas Edward Bagge, JP DL died at the Hall.
1985 Geophysical Survey.
1985 Extended and excavated.
1994 Geophysical Survey.
21st C Norfolk College of Arts and Technology.