Post Medieval moat. Built on the site of Holbrook Manor.
Large L-shaped, brick built Hall had a flagstone floor, which was later replaced in oak. Has two chimneys and stables.
Owned by Mr. Gervas Holmes who reduced the size of the Hall and altered the moat which had existed on three sides.
Rev. John Holmes lived at the Hall.
1509 Thomas Gawdy was born at the Hall.
1535 Catherine Gawdy was born at the Hall.
1550 c: Built.
16th C End of: Built by Thomas Gawdy.
1678 c: Bought by the Wagon family.
1883 John Sancroft Holmes Esq. owned the Hall.
1939-1945 World War II: The RAF shot down a German aircraft at the Hall.
1939 Hall demolished.
1973 Field Investigation.