Moated fortified house, oval shaped moat with a wall which had six towers covering 2 acres. The north of the site held the Hall, including staircase and upper rooms.
Owned by the de la Pole family.
12th-15th C Built and held by the Kerdiston family.
1333-1340 Possibly built.
1333 Licence to crenellate granted, and a curtain wall and six towers were added.
1340/1 A licence to crenellate was granted.
1376/7 A licence to crenellate was granted.
17th C Demolished to provide building materials for Claxton Hall.
1946-1959 Between: East side of the moat filled in.
1971 Field Investigation.
1996 Aerial photograph.
2004 Watching Brief.