Bixley Hall

  • Bungay Road, Arminghall, Norfolk
  • OSGB – TG 2603 0441
  • Scheduled Monument

 

Post medieval moated site with a low bank measuring 26.2ft wide and standing 2.29ft high. Part of the moat is filled in. The mansion had three fronts.

Held by Lord Roseberry. Designed by John Buxton.

 

1565                            c: Hall built.

1714                            Rebuilt.

1721                            c: John Buxton inherited lands from his mother and he rebuilt the Hall for his cousin Sir Edward Ward.

1850                            William Martin Esq,, who owned the Hall, died.

1883                            Lived in by Mrs. Martin.

1904                            Demolished.

1954                            Field Investigation.

1980                            Field Investigation.

1998                            Scheduled.

2005                            Watching Brief.

 

 

error: Content is protected !!