Prehistoric – Roman banks, possibly Iron Age promontory fort, boundary banks enclosing a church and 11 acres. Defended on the north east by a rampart.
Included a building, possibly a Bishop’s Palace.
1836 In good condition.
1956 January: Excavated by H.E. O’Neil, The Inspectorate of Ancient Monuments of the Ministry of Works.
1646 2nd July: Raided in an attempt to capture Col. Betsworth.
1935 Excavated by J.K. St. Joseph.
1954 Excavated by G.A. Webster.
1993 Evaluated by L. Fagan, Hereford and Worcester County Archaeological Service.
2006 Aerial photograph.