Medieval moat measuring 16.4ft wide and approximately 9.8ft deep.
Held by the Peyton family through marriage.
11th C Held by Edwin.
12th C Given to Hervey le Moine by Abbot Rainald of Ramsey.
1453 The Abbey bought the Manor back by Abbot of Ramsey, John Stowe, Ramsey Abbey.
15th C Until: Held by the Moine family, then passed through marriage to the Hores of Childerley.
1541 c: Acquired by Sir Richard Cromwell.
1542 Sir Richard Cromwell granted it to the Sewster’s of Ashwell.
1771 Held by Henry Dashwood.
1970 Field Investigation.