* Fortified moated manor house.
1477 Built by Sir Richard Scrope, including the gatehouse.
1600/1 Richard Sapcote died.
1617 Sold to Sir Thomas Proby.
1660 Home of the Proby family.
1710 Before: Altered.
1860 Chapel range extended.
1885 Gothic details removed.
1890’s Grounds landscaped by Edward Milner.
1894 There was a fire in the upper part of the tower, which was then repaired. The moat measured 13ft deep.
19th C Additions.
1962 Field Investigation.
1970 Field Investigation.
1980’s Edwardian Garden restored.
20th C Late: Gatehouse and chapel of the Medieval house remains.