* Medieval oval shaped moat with island measuring 60 x 35m. Traces of a bank exist to the north, west and south. Moat measures 3m wide and 0.8m deep, with the outer bank measuring 1m high.
* Mentioned in the Domesday survey.
1085 Held by Walter Gifford’s son, the Earl of Buckingham.
1086 Before: held by Walter Gifford.
* From the Earl of Buckingham the property passed to the Earl of Pembroke.
1971 Field Investigation.