Medieval moat and earthworks.
1218 Augustinian Priory founded as a hospital by Richard de Argentein, a Knights Templar.
1228 Before: Richard de Argentein had been on a Crusade.
1290 Hospital extant.
1537 Priory dissolved and lands granted to James Nedham.
1545 John Needham inherited the site.
1626 George Needham (1) died.
1669 George Needham (2) died.
1688 Inherited by George Needham who made improvements to the site.
1700 c: The cloister remained until.
1725 George Needham (3) died.
1733 Sold to Samual Vanderplank.
18 C The eastern part of the cloister was destroyed by fire. Home to Sir Thomas Browne, Garter King of Arms and land surveyor.
1806 Sold to Samuel Heathcote.
1812 Inherited by Samuel Heathcote Unwin.
1862 Samuel Heathcote Unwin died and it passes to his son, Col. Unwin-Heathcote.
1973-1974 Stripped and completely renovated.
1989 Evaluated by North Herts District Council Field Archaeology Section.
1990 Surveyed and measured.
1992 Excavated by North Hertfordshire Archaeology Unit.
1994 Watching Brief by Heritage Network.
20 C The nave forms part of a farmhouse. Earthworks and moat remain.