Roman finds. Part of a Roman cemetery.
A Saxon burgh covered an area of 27½ acres and its entrance was situated to the south west and had inturns, with Tonman Ditch to its west.
1152 Earthworks date from. Medieval castle, earthworks. Original entrance situated at Lower Dagnell Street. Adulterine castle demolished by King Stephen.
1381 Recorded as Castrum de Kyngsbury.
1643 Reported to have been a Roman brickyard situated on the north side of the castle site.
1643 Clay pits existed on the site.
1826 Part of the western defences were demolished to make way for a road.