Possible Medieval motte and bailey castle. Mound measuring 46 m in diameter and standing between 3 m – 3.6 m high, surrounded by a ditch which is now filled in. There are traces of an outer bank and a causeway.
1086 Before: Lands belonged to Queen Edith.
1086 Lands belonged to Ralph de Mortimer.
1100-1132 c: Built.
1908 The mound is recorded as standing at 16 ft high.
1933 The ditch was mostly filled in.
1934 Mound recorded as standing at 10-12 ft high.
1992 Field Investigation.