Medieval motte and bailey castle. The motte, situated at the east of the D-shaped bailey, measures 28 m -32 m in diameter and stands 5 m high, the bailey entrance is to the south and is causewayed. The ditch measuring 10 m wide and varied from 1 m – 2 m deep. The wet moat was fed from the Bach Brook. There was a possible tower in the south east corner of the bailey. There may have been a bridge over the moat.
Held by the Clifford family.
1086 Held by Ralph de Todini/Tosney.
13 C Polygonal enclosure with five round towers made of sandstone rubble.
1900 Masonry on the site.
1990 1st April: Visited by Woolhope Club.
20 C Buried foundations uncovered on the motte, of the polygonal keep.
2002 Geophysical survey.