Medieval motte measuring 55 m by 48 m and standing 3.5 m high. The crescent shaped bailey was situated to the west. A wet moat survives to the north and west sides, the rest has been filled in. Farm building on the defences to the east of the motte.
Possible timber castle.
Traces of a rectangular stone foundation on top of the motte with walls 1 m thick.
1416 c: Legend states it is the burial place of Owain Glyndwr.
1974 Field Investigation.
2000 Geophysical Survey.
2001-2006 Management Plan.