Semi-fortified courtyard house. Has a gatehouse in the north range, east and west wings and the Great Hall on the south side.
1410-1510 Owned by the Leinthall family.
1434 6th November: Licence to crenellate granted to Sir Rowland Lenthall and his wife.
1510-1810 Owned by the Coningsby family
17-18 C Late –early: Remodelled.
1810-1912 owned by the Arkwright family.
1817 Gothicized and extensively altered by Sir Jeoffrey Wyatville.
1835-1856 Extensively remodeled.
1912-1924 Owned by the Burrell family.
1924-1972 Owned by the Hereford family
1972-1994 Had a number of owners.
1994 Onwards: Owned by the van Kampen family.
1997 Watching Brief.
1998 Watching Brief.
2003 For sale.