Medieval castle. Small motte measuring 23 m diameter at its base and standing 3.5 m high built of sandstone and rubble. There is a slight ditch around the west side measuring 7 m wide and 0.5 m deep in places. There are signs of a bailey and an outer enclosure. Had an octagonal tower and there were two wells on the site. The stream was dammed to add to defences on one side.
Possibly owned by the Mortimer’s.
Possible pele tower.
1772 Richard Payne, knight, built a castle in the Forest of Bringewood.
1798 Richard Payne moved into his new castle.
19th C Brick kilns.
20 C Mound with traces of a bailey remain.