Irregular shaped Iron Age hill fort- Roman settlement covering approximately 17.5 acres and defended by a rampart with outer ditch and counterscarp. Entrances are located at the south east and south west corners.
200 BC Occupied.
4 C Dating from: Romano-British pottery finds.
1642 Lord Herbert occupied the site with his Royalist Army.
1645 The Scottish army camped on the site.
1971 Field Investigation.
2003-2008 Management agreement.