Fountain Dale: Friar Tuck’s Island

Lindhurst, Nr. Mansfield

 

Scheduled Monument – Monument Number 317962

 

Medieval hunting lodge, moat, pond, possible entrance at the north corner.

Legend states it was the meeting place between Robin Hood and Friar Tuck.

 

1130-1350                   Kings revenues collected at the site.

1251                            Hunting lodge on site. Raffe Clerc was forester at the site.

13th-14th C                   Residence of the Forest under lords.

1959                            Field Investigation.

1974                            Field Investigation.

 

error: Content is protected !!