Roman fort covering approximately 10-12 acres. The ditch measured 19.6ft wide and 6.5ft deep. Ramparts levelled. Had timber buildings on the site.
St Augustine’s Church lies between two of the ditches.
Garrisoned by XIVth Legion.
Bones found in pits were from cattle, sheep, goats, horse, pig, hare, fish and birds.
47-70 Auxiliary fort occupied.
50-60 c: Built.
51-68 Ditch filled in.
55-56 Dating from. Coins found on site.
120-150 Auxiliary fort occupied.
2nd C Occupied until.
11th C Occupied.
1642-1651 Briefly refortified with a ditch measuring 9.5ft wide and 3.9ft deep
1938-1939 Excavated by H. Hodgekinson, S.K. St. Joseph, Worcester Archaeological Society, Birmingham Archaeological Society.
1961-1962 Excavated by D.B. Whitehouse.
1976 Excavated by D.F. Freezer, Department of the Environment, Hereford and Worcester County Museum.
1977 Excavated by T. Yarnell, Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit.
1981 Geophysical survey by Ancient Monuments Laboratory Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission.
1984 Evaluated by F. McEvoy, Central Excavation Unit.
1985 Geophysical survey by Ancient Monuments Laboratory Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission.
1987 Evaluated by S. Woodiwiss, Hereford and Worcester County Council Archaeological Service.
1990 Evaluated by Edwards, Hereford and Worcester County Council Archaeological Service.
1999 Watching Brief.
2006 Aerial photograph.