Roughly oval shaped Iron Age hill fort enclosing 3 acres. Northern entrance had inturns but was eventually blocked up. Constructed over two periods. Central rampart blocked with a stone wall. Some of the huts were built over storage pits.
Finds include a dozen circular huts measuring 20ft in diameter, storage pits lined with dry stone and wicker work. Unfinished stew found on the hut floors shows signs of a rapid exit of the occupants.
300 BC First construction phase: Drystone revetted glacis rampart, V-shaped ditch and counterscarp on the east and west sides with the entrance to the south.
100 BC Possibly abandoned before the late Iron Age.
1st C BC Second phase of construction: Rampart built across the spur from east to west, glacis rampart with no ditch, inturned entrance added to the centre of the rampart with wooden gates.
1950’s Late: Excavated.
1958-1959 Excavated by Birmingham City Museum and Art Gallery.
1992-1996 Aerial photograph.
1996 Geophysical Survey by Ancient Monuments Laboratory Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission.