Irregular pentagonal Bronze Age – Iron Age multivallate promontory hill fort covering 8½ acres and defended by two banks and ditches with a counterscarp to the north and west and five banks and four ditches to the south and south east.
Possibly two phases of construction.
50 c: Possibly occupied by the Cornovii Tribe, last occupied.
12th-13th C Rectangular Hunting Lodge at east of the site measuring 67.5ft by 37.7ft.
1863 Excavated by W. Molyneux.
1933 Purchased by the Urban District Council from the Marquess of Anglesey.
1958 Field Investigation.
1974 Field Investigation.
20th C Late: Foundations of the Hunting lodge visible.