Scheduled Monument – Monument Number 318423
Medieval motte and bailey castle. Motte to the west of the site and St. Mary’s church built within the bailey. Inner bailey measuring 295 ft by 492 ft and the motte measuring 147.6 ft by 65.5 ft and standing 13 ft high, there is a possible entrance to the east, and the outer bailey is encircled by an pouter double bank and ditch measuring 49 ft wide.
Possible adulterine castle and perhaps never completed.
1135-1154 Between: Built by Thomas de Cuckney.
1974 Field Investigation.