Wood House: Caryl’s Grove: The Manor House

  • Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
  • Scheduled Monument
  • Monument Number 369649.

 

Possible Medieval moat.

Given to the Abbot and convent of Ramsey by Ethelston Manesune or King Edgar.

After the Reformation was held by the Caryl family.

Passed from the Caryl family through the female line to the Worsleys and the Terrys.

 

1808                            Before; Demolished and the offices made into a farmhouse.

1808                            Owned jointly by Thomas Caryl Worsley and William Dunn Gardner, who bought it from the Terry family.

1974                            Field Investigation.

1977                            Field Investigation.

 

error: Content is protected !!