Sub-rectangular Medieval moat with the island measuring 459 ft by 216.5 ft and the moat measuring 39.3 ft wide and 5.9ft deep. There is a bank at the north west side of the moat measuring 3.3 ft high.
Glass in the windows showed the coat of arms of Howard and Tilney together.
1235 c: The lands were held by Roger de Akeny.
1240 c: Roger de Akeny died and his daughters become joint heirs.
1241 The lands passed to Baldwin de Akeny.
1267 Baldwin de Akeny received a grant of free warren.
1272 Baldwin de Akeny died.
1279 The Manor was held by Baldwin’s son, Sir John Akeny.
1293 Sir John de Akeny died and Alice, his widow, held the Manor.
1300 Alice de Akeny died.
1311 c: Held by Baldwin de Akeny.
1316 & 1327 Held by William Howard who had married Baldwin de Akeny’s widow, Joan.
1328 William Howard died.
1331 John de Akeny, Baldwin’s son, sold the lands to Roger Waterville, and Margery, his wife.
1346 Margery held the Manor on her own.
1358 Possibly held by William Muschet.
1362 After: William Muschet died.
1365-1368 Held by Richard Muschet.
1374 Held by John Muschet.
1378 The Manor was settled on Sir George Muschet.
1394 Sir George sold the Manor to Roger, Lord Scales’ widow, Joan, who had married Sir Edmund Thorp.
1401 Held by Sir Edmund Thorp for his wife, Joan.
1415 Joan died and Sir Edmund Thorp held the Manor.
1418 Sir Edmund Thorp died in France and the Manor went to Joan’s grandson, Robert, Lord Scales, and her two daughters; Joan, who married Sir John Clifton, and Isabel who married Philip Tilney.
1450 Joan Clifton died.
* Thomas, Lord Scales disputed Robert Tilney’s claim to the Manor.
1451 Thomas, Lord Scales settled the lands on Robert Tilney.
1500 Robert Tilney died and his son Robert, a minor, inherited.
1514 In ruins.
1542 Before: Repaired or improved by Robert Tilney.
1542 Robert Tilney died and the lands went to his second wife, Audrey who then married William Johnson.
1552 John Audrey’s son sold the Manor to William Hawtrey to cover debts.
1555 Sir John Huddleston bought the Manor.
1557 Sir John Huddleston died and it passed through his family until the early 18th century.
17C Stable block dates from.
1745 Conveyed to John Stephenson.
1765 Sold by John Stephenson’s son to Ebenezer Hollick.
1785 c: A new building called Whittlesford Lodge, was built by Ebenezer Hollick.
1792 Ebenezer Hollick died and Ebenezer Hollick (2), his nephew, inherited.
1825 Ebenezer Hollick (2) declared bankruptcy.
1828 Ebenezer Hollick (2) died and the manor was inherited by his daughter Anne Blunkett-Hollick. The lodge was abandoned.
1858 The Lodge was demolished.
1864 Anne Blunkett-Hollick died and left the manor to her nephew, Joseph Blunkett-Hollick.
1877 Joseph Blunkett-Hollick sold it to Major Christopher Pemberton, but kept the title of Lord of the Manor.
1885 By: Major Christopher Pemberton had died.
1888 The mortgage on the Manor was foreclosed and went to WRC Farquhar.
1901 WRC Farquhar died and his heir, Alfred Farquhar, inherited. The house was demolished.
1909 Alfred Farquhar sold the Manor to GRC Foster.
1976 Field Investigation.
1993 Evaluation by Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeology Section.