Medieval moated Abbey site with earthworks.
Finds include Samian Ware, St Neots and Stamford Ware.
1281 Denise Munchensey granted her Waterbeach Manor to the church.
1294 Franciscan Nunnery. Denise Munchensey had been preparing buildings for the Nunns. The site came under the control of the Franciscan Minister General and Provincial in England. Joan de Nevers was the first Abbess of Waterbeach.
1314 The Abbey acquired a licence to receive rents and lands.
1338 Isabel de Olneye was Abbess.
1342 The Bishop of Ely was to pay the Abbey £10 yearly.
1342 Most of the Nunns had moved to the new Denny Abbey.
1348 Emma was the Abbess selected by the rebellious Nunns.
1349 The remaining Nunns chose another Abbess and refused to move to Denny Abbey – they were forcibly removed.
1350 The Minister General ordered some Brothers to go to Waterbeach, but they never did.
1351 Moved to Denny Abbey.
1359 In a bad state and uninhabited, Pope Innocent VI approved the removal of the bodies of those buried to be taken to Denny Abbey.
1963 Excavated by Ministry of Public Building and Works.
1972 Field Investigation.