Iron Age oval ditch and Medieval ringwork moat.
Ringwork defended by a bank and ditch enclosing approximately 311 ft by 213 ft. The bank measuring up to 6.5 ft and the external ditch measuring 26.2 ft wide, with entrances on the south and west sides. The ditch was originally 9.8 ft deep. There is a parallel ditch 147.7 ft to the east of the moat.
Medieval pottery finds.
11-12 C Moat constructed.
13-14 C There was occupation outside of the moated area.
1447 Held by Robert White.
1850 Tenant Thomas Nash held the site in trust for Mary Douglas and Anne Mitchell.
1887 Trees planted on the site and a well was discovered.
1902 Channel dug in the ditch.
1906 Excavated and a cobbled surface was found on the north side of the site.
1907 Excavated by Cambridge Antiquarian Society.
1975 Rescue excavations.
1976 Field Investigation.
1992 Excavated – the ditch originally had very steep sides.
1993 Evaluated by Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeology Section.
1999 Excavated – early Saxon buildings identified.