Town defences included a rampart and ditch with a possible drawbridge situated to the south east.
10-14 C Dating from; Pottery finds.
1200 c; Constructed.
1500 c; Southern part of the town ditch filled in.
1997 School Lane excavated by Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeological Field Unit.
1998 Blackhorse Lane evaluated by Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeological Field Unit.
20 C Western part still includes a hedged earth rampart and ditch. Irregular bank to the north east.