John Tiptoft, Earl of Worcester was born at the Manor.
1087 Held by Humphrey de Andeville.
1166 Held by Ernulf de Bosco.
1208 Hamelin de Andeville was Lord of the Manor.
1235 Richard de Andeville held the manor.
1279 Held by Sir Robert Hoo and his wife, Beatrice, possibly the daughter of Alexander de Andeville.
1302-1316 Between: Robert died.
1316 Beatrice granted the manor to Richard Perrers and his wife Joan (possibly Beatrice’s daughter).
1335 Richard, son of Richard and Joan, died leaving his son, Edmund.
1346 Edmund’s widow held the manor.
1373-1374 Went to Beatrice’s grandson, Sir Thomas Hoo and he granted it to Sir Edmund Walshingham and his wife, Isabel.
1381 Sir Edmund Walshingham died
1381 During the Peasants Revolt the house was attacked and items taken from it.
1382 The manor was vacant after being confiscated for being under suspicion of rebellion by Richard II. The house, moat and drawbridge were recorded.
1389 Sir William Castleacre lived at the manor. A license was granted to Sir William Castleacre to have an oratory.
1397 Sir William Castleacre was arrested and Sir William Hoo, Thomas Hoo’s son, took possession of the manor.
1398 Sir William Castleacre tried to recover the manor.
1403 Called Perrers Manor. Sir William Hoo claimed legal rights to the manor.
1404 c: Sir William Castleacre died.
1409 After the lease was up, Sir Pain Tiptoft bought the manor following the death of Elizabeth Castleacre.
1413-1427 Sir Pain Tiptoft died and his son, John, Lord Tiptoft held the manor
1443 Lord Tiptoft died and his widow, Joyce held the manor.
1445 c: Joyce died and her son, John, a minor, inherited.
1447 John came of age and took possession of the manor.
1449 John Tiptoft was created Lord of Worcester.
1470 John was executed and his son, Edward, a minor, inherited.
1485 Edward died, still a minor, and the manor went to Joan, Sir Edward Ingoldthorpe’s widow.
1491 Joan gave the manor to Queen’s College, Cambridge, to secure a yearly payment of £13 6s 8d to the London house of Blackfriers.
1597 Queen’s College leased it to John Hale.
1600 c: Built as a farm next to the site of the original building. Had two storey’s with a central range and cross wings.
17 C Out buildings.
18 C Extended, remodeled and enlarged.
1948 Until: Held by the College, who then sold off the land to farmers.
1973 Field Investigation.