1066 Held by the Crown.
1086 The Crown granted it to Ralph de Banks.
1130-1131 Held by William de Banks.
1166 Held by Eustace de Banks.
1179 Before: Eustace died and it was held by his son, William.
1205 William died and his son, Eustace, inherited the manor.
1235 Held by Geoffrey de Banks, Eustace’s son.
1250-1261 After: Geoffrey died and it passed to Robert Mortimer.
1297 William Mortimer died and his son Constantine, a minor, succeeded him.
* Constantine passed the manor to his son, Constantine and his wife , Agnes.
1355 Constantine died, a minor.
1358 Agnes married Sir Thomas Gisling
1371 Agnes was still living.
1382 Constantine Mortimer’s younger brother, Robert, inherited when Sir Thomas Gisling died.
1396 Described as being the ‘Manor of Margery’, widow of Sir Roger Mortimer.
1403 The lands were divided and the manor went to Margery, granddaughter of Sir Robert Mortimer, and wife of Sir John FitzRalph.
1458 Before: Elizabeth, daughter of Margery and Sir John FitzRalph, married Sir Robert Chamberlain.
1491 Sir Robert Chamberlain was executed and his son, Ralph, succeeded him.
1496 Elizabeth Chamberlain had married Roger Ormeston, and Ralph held the manor.
15-16 C Manor house.
1522 Ralph died and his brother, Edward, inherited.
1541 Edward Chamberlain died and his son, Ralph succeeded him.
1567 Ralph settled the manor on his son, FitzRalph Chamberlain and his wife, Dorothy.
1575 Ralph died.
16C Manor house built by Ralph Chamberlain.
1625 Thomas Chamberlain gave all of the manors and lands of FitzRalph Chamberlain to John Crane, an Apothecary from Cambridge.
1652 John Crane died and his wife, Elizabeth inherited.
1653 The Court was held in Elizabeth’s name.
1662 William Crane, John’s son, gave the manors to Sir Thomas Hatton’s executors.
1658 Held by Sir Thomas Hatton’s son, Sir Christopher Hatton.
1682 Held by Sir Thomas Hatton’s other son, Sir Thomas, who died without issue.
1685 The manor was split between six sisters.
1685-1691 The manor was consolidated and went to Sir Christopher Hatton, heir to Sir Thomas Hatton, and he conveyed it to Francis Henry Lee.
1717 Lee’s son, Francis Henry and his wife Elizabeth, gave it to Colonel Thomas King, acting as an agent for Edward, Lord Harley, Earl of Essex and Philip Yorke, Earl of Hardwicke.
1720 590 acres surrounded the manor house.
1739 Philip Yorke, Earl of Hardwicke bought it from Edward, Lord Harley, and Earl of Essex.
18 C Remodelled façade.
1891 c: The manor was sold off to pay debts incurred by the 5th Earl, to Thomas Charles Agar-Roberts, later Viscount Clifton.
1900 Thomas Charles Agar-Roberts was Lord of the Manor.
1903 Before: Held by P.A.S. Hickley, a Barrister.
1915 P.A.S. Hickley died and it was held by his trustees.
1936 Ladies of the Manor were Fanny Elizabeth Spearing and Beatrice Marion Lock.
1973 Field Investigation.