11 C Manor house on site.
1235 Manor held by William of Heybridge, Lord of Boxworth.
1238 Possibly: William died and his daughter, Joan, wife of Roger of Huntingfield, inherited.
1291 Joan had left the manor to Walter Huntingfield.
1297 Joan died.
1302 Held by Walter Huntingfield.
1316 Walter Huntingfield died and it was held by Henry Garston, who was holding it for Walter’s son, Roger Huntingfield, who was a minor.
1327 Roger came of age.
1337 House recorded. Roger died and his seven year old son, William, inherited.
1351 William took possession of the manor.
1376 William died.
1386 Held by Thomas Haselden.
1386 Onwards: Stayed in the Haselden family.
1410 Occupied by Margaret, widow of Richard Haselden.
* Occupied by Isabel, widow of Thomas Haselden.
1469 Isabel died and it was held by Elizabeth, widow of John Haselden.
1509 Francis Haselden was Lord of the Manor.
1522 Francis Haselden died and it passed to his brother, Anthony.
1527 Anthony died and it passed to William, a minor.
1537 William died a minor and it went to his sisters, Elizabeth and Beatrice.
1547 The manor was settled on both sisters and their husbands: James Hutton and Sir Roger Peyton.
1565 Sold to John Sherman.
1599 John Sherman died and it was inherited by his son, William.
1618 William died and left it to his son, Charles.
1627 Charles sold it to Edward Radcliffe of Hitchin, but lived there until he died.
1637 Charles died and Edward moved in.
1660 Radcliffe died and it was inherited by his eldest nephew Ralph Radcliffe.
17 C Farm house.
1720 Ralph died and it was inherited by his son, Edward.
1727 Edward died and it was held by his three youngest sons, George, John and Arthur. It was to stay with the last surviving sons’ family.
1783 John died and it passed to his older sister, Penelope, wife of Sir Charles Farnaby.
1802 Penelope died and it went to Joseph Dickason.
1825 Joseph died and was succeeded by his son, James.
1853 James sold it to George Ebenezer Foster, a Cambridge banker.
1870 George died and it went to his son, G.E. Foster.
19 C Additions.
1906 G.E. Foster died and it went to E.B. Foster.
1908 E.B. Foster died and it went to his nephew G.R.C. Foster.
1972 Field Investigation.
1978 Owned by Mr. R. Parker of Royston.