Medieval moated site with the sub-rectangular island measuring 275.5ft by 144.3ft and the moat measuring 32.8ft wide and 4.9-6.5ft deep.
11 C-1392 Owned by the Bishop of Lincoln.
1392-1541 Owned by Denny Abbey until the Dissolution.
1539 Sold by the Crown to Edward Elrington.
1541 Edward Elrington sold it to William Bowyer.
1544 William Bowyer died and his illegitimate son, John, inherited.
1547 John was granted leave to hold the manor.
1557 Still held by the executer of William’s will, Henry Searle.
1560 Manor house recorded. John finally received the Manor.
1571 John Bowyer died and his son, Francis inherited.
1598 Francis Bowyer died and his son, William, inherited.
1651 William and his heirs held manorial courts until.
1651 Held by Hutton Bowyer.
1655 Hutton Bowyer sold it to Richard Bigg.
1657 Sold to Hezekiah Hayes.
1659 Sold to Richard Pigott.
1664 Sold to Thomas Archer.
1698 Thomas Archer left it to his son, Thomas.
17 C New house built.
1728 Thomas died and his widow inherited, but she gave it to their son, Hoste Archer.
1740 Hoste died without issue and left it to Guy Sindrey. Dog Kennel Lane was named after the Manor’s kennels.
1761 Guy Sindrey died and his widow, Grace, inherited.
1771 Grace died and John Alderson held the manor.
1782 John Alderson died and Thomas Sumpter, nephew of Hoste Archer, held the Manor.
1784 Held by Thomas Sumpter.
18 C Altered to face south. The southern cross wing was made into the front entrance and it stood three storey’s high with five bays. Grounds of the moat landscaped.
1806 Thomas Sumpter died and left it to his eldest son, Richard.
1807 Richard Sumpter sold the produce of his orchard.
1817 Richard Sumpter died, but before he did he sold a large part of the manor lands. His brother William inherited the lands.
1866 The northern part of the north-south range was demolished.
1870 William died and his widow Catherine inherited.
1877 Catherine died and her late husband’s nephew Rev. W.S. Beever sold it to solicitor William Peed.
1897 Bought by F. Crisp.
1899 Passed to W.A.H. Harding.
19 C South front re-modeled. Billiard room added.
1901 Eastern arm of the moat filled in.
1927 Passed to W.H.D. Rose.
1953 Held by Professor J.K.S. ST Joseph.
1968 Field Investigation.
2003 Extension added.