Granhams Manor

  • Great Shelford, Cambridgeshire

 

Medieval moat enclosing 11 acres.

Roman artefacts found on site

 

1269                            Owned by John le Moyne.

1275                            Recorded.

1355                            Associated with John de Grendon.

1392                            Site included a Hall with an adjoining chamber, kitchen, porter’s room, chapel and farm buildings.

16-17 C                       Owned by the Goldwell family.

1646                            Edward Ventris was Lord of the Manor.

1805                            Considered too small for the farm.

1870-1890                   Possibly rebuilt but defiantly extended.

1968                            Sold to J.S. Morrison

1968                            Filed Investigation.

1982                            Field Investigation.

1999                            Evaluation by Cambridge County Council Archaeological Field Unit.

2000                            Evaluation by Cambridge County Council Archaeological Field Unit.

2000                            Geophysical Survey by Cambridge County Council Archaeological Field Unit.

 

error: Content is protected !!