Arbury Camp

 

Arbury Camp

 

  • Monument Number 372005

 

Late Iron Age univallate hill fort, enclosure, measuring approximately  388 ft in diameter, ploughed out.

B1649 was built over the west of the site.

 Finds include Roman pottery.

 

4000-2200 BC            Neolithic occupation.

19C                             Site enclosed and the bank and ditch mainly demolished.

1902-1904                   Excavated by  Cambridge Antiquarian Society.

1970                            Excavated .

1990                            Excavated  Cambridge Archaeological Unit, University of  Cambridge.

1995                            Geophysical Survey by Geophysical Surveys of Bradford.

1995                            Evaluated by Cambridge Archaeological Unit, University of Cambridge.

1995                            Field Investigation by RCHME, Cambridge Archaeology.

2002                            Evaluated by Cambridge Archaeological Unit, University of Cambridge.

2002                            Watching Brief by Cambridge Archaeological Unit, University of Cambridge.

2003                            Excavation

 

 
error: Content is protected !!